Going back to being a LADY!

On a day to day basis I look around and I notice that the world is changing. Anyone who knows me knows that I am not the biggest fan of change. However, some changes can be for the good and some can be for the bad. The most upsetting change, in my opinion, is in the “modern day woman”.      

A woman, may have one or all of the following "roles" in life: wife, girlfriend, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, employee, employer, etc. Although important, I believe being a woman means so much more.

I think of my mother, my grandmother, and my mother in-law and I say to myself those are "real-women", better yet ladies. Not the half naked video vixens or the high schooler walking around with clothes so tight, they look painted on. Un lady-like behavior is not just defined by women who illuminate hatred and spew foul words to other women and men (even their own). It is also reserved for those who look like they have it together. While looking like a million bucks (maybe even having it), their money or appearance can't fix their low self-esteem. They subject themselves to acts of self hatred (sleeping around, plastic surgery, fake friendships, etc.) under the pretense that it is by choice.


I cast no judgment, but I do wonder “what happened”?

In our quest to become the independent woman, have we forgotten to behave like ladies? With new opportunities and gained independence, have we adopted masculine behavioral traits? 
Of course we have.


That is why, I have a personal campaign to encourage women to make a change for the better. It is possible and proven that a woman can own and manage the many "roles" she may have, while understanding that in everything she does, she has to behave like a LADY first!

Reply to this post

Post a Comment