Woman vs. Lady

The words woman and lady have been used interchangeably in the last century, especially in western civilization. Truth be told, if people were not always calling me "high-maintenance", "different" and "too-much" I would never have taken the time to distinguish between the two. I have always held my self to a certain standard, and it is OK, and here is why:

Woman: A female human being. 

This definition states that as long as you are born and your gender is female, you can be called a woman. It is the only thing that distinguishes us from a man.

Lady: A woman who is refined, polite, and well-spoken; a woman regarded as having the characteristics of a good family and high social position. 
  
The definition of a lady implies that being a lady is learned behavior by a woman. It means being a woman and more, realizing that being a lady is not just appearance, its a lifestyle. A lady is a virtuous woman (Proverbs 31:10-31). A lady is the best woman she can be. 

It is not enough to just be a woman, that is why I choose to be a lady

But, don't take my word for it......just ask any Gentleman :)

1 comment

Anonymous | May 23, 2011 at 9:07 AM

LOL. Ok.

Post a Comment