Amy Winehouse- Lived in Chaos: Rest in Peace


Anyone that has been around me for the last few months knows that I have had the Amy Winehouse song “Rehab” in my mind. I have been making so many life changes, where at times it feels like I need to seek professional help. One day, while talking to a friend I was so frazzled. I begin singing the song “They tryna make me go to rehab and I said no, no, no”. Since that day, I randomly break out in song, up until Friday night. The song “Rehab” is and has been so relevant to many people in my generation since its release. I guess this is why it has been so especially hard for me to come terms that Amy Winehouse has died, at the young age of 27.

Although, the song had its comedic effect in regards to my life at that time. It was really a cry for help. I did need to make some decisions and change some things. As did Amy. Unfortunately, she never got the chance. On Saturday morning, Amy Winehouse was found in her London home dead. Most people think her death is a result of her alcohol and drug addiction she has been battling for years. However, the autopsy report has not been disclosed.

So, in closing I would encourage anyone that feels like their being controlled by their “addictions” to go to “rehab”. Get help before it’s too late. You may not die a physical death but it could be a spiritual or mental death. Let the pain go and move forward.

I aint got the time, and my daddy thinks I’m fine”. Like Amy, we make excuses on why we hold on to our “addictions”. We grow comfortable with our lifestyle, if we change than most of the things and people around us have to change. That can be very difficult if you’ve built what you believe to be solid relationships. What it all boils down to is we are afraid of the loneliness the change can create. Unfortunately, when at the crossroads of making these difficult decisions, there is always someone enabling us. They may do it from a place of love, they may do it spitefully. Bottom line: Get rid of the people who do not encourage you to seek the help you need. If you really want to move forward, do it today.

"Rehab"

Reply to this post

Post a Comment