Ever Changing Love

So this week was trying. I learned a lot about those I love. Most excitingly I learned that they are loving me the best they know how.

Sometimes we expect people to "know" how to love us the way we want to be loved. But do we ever stop to consider they may not know how.

I have a friend who loves me. They describe it as "pure" love. In Future terms "Ain't no way around it"! My friend doesn't want their love for me questioned or tried. They solely live by the adage "actions speak louder than-words. There are times when I consume my friend with hours of crying and complaining and rarely do they show their irritation. In fact, they make time for me no matter what. That's pure love. To want good for me and to want to see me prosper. To tell me things even if it hurts. Sound familiar "Agape" perhaps??? Close to it.

I have another friend who's love I can't explain. My pain is their pain and vice versa. My joy is often the result of their joy. More like siblings than friends. My best friend of 18 years. Good, great, bad, worse. It will never change. Not with the seasons. If there is one person I can count on its them. Love is my best friend.

Then there is family! No explanation needed. I am blessed to have a family who overwhelms me with love and support. They foster my individuality and accept me for me. I'm eternally grateful for them joining forces when my biological father deserted my mom and myself. Think he did me a favor. Thank God for forgiveness.

Then there's romantic love in which the combination of the above mentioned meets attraction, kinship, and sparks that ignite. There are few things greater. The love of my children and firstly the love of God. How beautiful to be under the care of people who try their best to love me

I am a lucky human being. My prayer is to grow closer and to purely reciprocate the love to my loved ones.

Lady Eloise

2 comments

Anonymous | July 21, 2012 at 11:25 PM

I love you, nice return to therapy.

Unknown | July 23, 2012 at 11:23 AM

I love you too...Whoever you are lol *winks*

Post a Comment