Happy Parent's Day!

Parental figures in the United States receive the recognition for the role they play in their children’s lives on Parents’ Day. The day aims to promote responsible parenting and to recognize positive parental role models. It celebrates the special bonds of love between parental figures and their children.

In essence, Parent’s Day promotes the message that the role of the parent is important in human development, which requires investment, focus, and commitment. In 1994 President Bill Clinton signed into law a resolution adopted by the US Congress to establish the fourth Sunday of every July as Parents' Day. This day is similar to Mother's Day and Father's Day. According to the Congressional Resolution, Parents’ Day is established for “recognizing, uplifting, and supporting the role of parents in the rearing of children” (cited in the National Parents' Day Council website).

I'd especially like to thank my parents, my grandparents, my uncle and aunt, and my cousins who have all had a role in parenting me and my children. It truly takes a village and I'm grateful for mine.

To my best friends who are also parents, always do what's best for your child, that way you know you've done your best.

To the host of other friends and family, enjoy your day.

Lady Eloise

Reply to this post

Post a Comment