Teddy P. LIVES!!!...Well Sort Of

Some good news…maybe just for me. I learned last night that the late Teddy Pendergrass biopic is moving forward in the filming stages. Although not destined to be a box office hit like the Ray Charles biopic, there are plenty of people who are excited. Mainly ME. I heart Teddy Pendergrass, I am still a bit blue over his death in January of 2010. They just don’t make music and love songs like that anymore.

What is most exciting about the project is that a real singer is playing Teddy, Tyrese Gibson. Although, he has recently been dedicating himself to acting, his gift is his singing. He explains that this will be the first time he will be singing in a film.

I don’t know about you but I’m pretty excited to see the finished project. I’m also dying to see how he will adapt to being in the wheelchair and if they will address the cross dresser issue? Hmm can’t wait…

Check out a clip of Tyrese singing “Come Go with Me” fast forward to 1:10 mark to hear the singing


What do you think? Is he a good candidate for Teddy?

2 comments

IRich | June 17, 2011 at 3:00 PM

I think Tyress would be great in this role. That would definitely improve his image in my book from "Baby Boy". I hated that role for him. I heart Teddy P. and Tyress. Love the chocolate brothers!!!!!!!!!

Unknown | June 17, 2011 at 3:46 PM

Well you can't tell B.E.T. that "Baby Boy" is not the movie of the century. They keep it in heavy rotation. I am looking fwd to the singing myself.

Something tells me he would appreciate the compliment :)

Post a Comment